- Charter 13 identical classic 26' keelboats for the day
- Go racing, with all briefings and race management included in the cost
- Or just cruise around the Solent at your leisure
- All sailing is within sight of the Clubhouse
Racing packages start on the Sea View Yacht Club’s deck with a briefing to all guests which covers the vital safety issues. Helms will be invited to the race deck to view the flag and gun signals and agree the day’s format with the race officer. The crews will then be ferried to their Mermaids. It is usually possible to get in three morning and two afternoon races, sometimes more, over a variety of courses.
Cruising Packages will similarly start with a boat and safety briefing. Crews will then agree a passage plan before being ferried to their Mermaids. Depending upon prevailing weather conditions, the whole of the Eastern Solent will be available for exploring. Packed lunches can be provided for those charterers wishing to spend a whole day out aboard the Mermaids, exploring and admiring the picturesque coastline of the Isle of Wight.
It is a requirement that there is an experienced sailor at the helm or in charge of each Mermaid when racing or cruising. Sea View Yacht Club can provide suitably qualified helms for a moderate fee to ensure that each guest enjoys a day’s racing or cruising to remember!
2017 Mermaid Charter Prices
Price for 12 mermaids:
Price for 6 mermaids:
We can accommodate alternative numbers of Mermaid hire, for more information on pricing please contact us directly.
Each mermaid requires a competent helm (see charter info tab). Sea View Yacht Club can provide helms on request and these are charged at £102 per helm per day.
Our insurer offers the chance to waiver the £400 per incident excess for a cost of £185 per day. This stops the embarrassment of having to ask your guests to pick up the tab if they have been a bit careless with our Mermaids.
- 09.00 Meet at Sea View Yacht Club for breakfast
- 09.15 Briefing from Sailing Director
- 10.00 Transfer to Mermaids by RIB
- 10.30 We will attempt three races in the morning
- 12.30 Come ashore for lunch
- 14.00 Back on the water, we will attempt three races in the afternoon
- 16.00 Off the water
- 16.30 Prize giving and afternoon tea
- 17.00 Depart the club
Many of our charterers either come the night before to the club for a dinner and stay overnight in Seaview or have their dinner on the evening of their race day. We will accommodate any format our charterers wish.
What’s included in the price
- Temporary member for the day (use of club facilities)
- Availability of bar and food areas
- Bareboat charter
- Spectator area from which all the race course can be seen (inside or outside)
- An area will be prepared by us for the Prizegiving at the end of the race day
- Conference Facilities
- Public Liability Insurance
- Boat insurance less £400 excess waiver
- Race Management
- Safety Brief
Extras - these can be added to your package at an additional cost
- Skippered boat/instructor £102 per helm per boat
- Opt out of excess insurance
- Acommodation & Transport
- Photography for the day - please email email@example.com for more information